With an impressive track of success, knowledge, skills and experience in providing solutions to any fire related situation or concern and ultimately gaining the respect, trust, and compliance of the customer.
25 years of experience in the fire service. 37 years of experience in customer service.
Fire Service History
- Currently with the City of El Paso Fire Department (25 years)
- 1 year with El Paso County E.S.D. #2 as Deputy Fire Marshal
- Currently Appointed Fire Marshal for El Paso County E.S.D. #1 (7 years)
Assist Emergency Services District (E.S.D.) #1 with fire inspections; plan review; and fire system final acceptance tests. Inspect interiors and exteriors of residential (when required by the State of Texas), commercial, industrial and other buildings to detect fire hazards; efficiency of fire protective equipment; and adequacy of fire escapes and exits. Inform and discuss conditions of building storage and equipment with owner or manager and make recommendations regarding unsafe conditions. Issue official notices for fire code violations and work with the community, building/business owner(s), or manager in correcting such violations. I assist/conduct fire prevention programs and public education at public buildings; commercial businesses for employees, and school fire drills for school districts. Review, monitor; and verify code-compliance for the final building occupancy for all new construction and fire protection systems in the County of El Paso (E.S.D.#1 jurisdiction); ensured compliance with any and all adopted fire code requirements and NFPA standards; provide technical assistance to architects, designers, contractors, and fire department personnel.
- To reduce the number of fire incidents and casualties within the community.
- To educate the community and gain their understanding on fire safety practices.
- To provide the best customer service possible (internal and external customer service).
- To continue expanding my knowledge, abilities, and education in the fire service.